Cycleon | Utrecht | Young Professional
Vendor Manager - procurement of carrier services to facilitate best-in-class returns logistics
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of Europe’s fastest growing Reverse logistics companies. At Cycleon we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands such as the largest eCommerce company in the world, most valued sporting and apparel brand, nr. 1 Electronics brand and the largest gaming console platform provider. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans for the future make this a great place to further your career.
Our working environment is an innovative, youthful, international, positive, fun and dynamic one, full of agile; relentlessly customer focused self-starters and entrepreneurs. Our playground includes an IT driven international logistics services, with clear focus and efficient processes and structure.
Position: Vendor Manager - procurement of carrier services to facilitate best-in-class returns logistics
International travel: 10% - 20%
Start date: Negotiable
Reporting line: VP Operations
Your role is to actively purchase, expand and manage international carriers in Cycleon’s global reverse logistics network to service our clients with excellent returns logistics solutions. Your job is to constantly improve the logistics network setup by purchasing, negotiating and managing the required services and conditions.
- You will be responsible for the procurement of services with parcel carriers, express couriers and postal operators across the globe. Ensuring our partners are fully compliant to the agreed service levels by professionally negotiating on international level, always remaining critical to deliver quality.
- Relationship building and maintaining are key factors in order to be successful in this role. Your international partners and suppliers are parcel carriers, postal operators and delivery companies.
- You will ensure that all purchased services and suppliers are delivering their service levels and are constantly monitored and held against agreed KPI’s, including structured contract management, invoicing, reporting and review.
- You will play a pivotal role in continuously improving our logistics network setup in our rapidly growing organization.
- You will work closely with Customer Success, Sales, Business Development & IT Development teams to create and drive our strategy in your logistics role.
- You will engage with the rapidly evolving demands in eCommerce, it’s customer journey & experience and new carrier developments to respond to the latest and greatest needs in our World of Returns.
- You have a degree in Economics, Logistics or Supply Chain management.
- You are a young professional with 2 - 4 years of relevant working experience. This role is perfect for an entrepreneurial individual seeking his/her second position.
- You have excellent communication skills, diplomacy and pragmatic organizational skills.
- You are a true relationship builder that fosters collaboration with your suppliers and colleagues, with good communication skills, diplomacy and pragmatic organizational skills.
- You have a feel for doing business internationally and experience in procurement processes, negotiations and strategies.
- You have a commercial drive and logistics process management is part of your DNA. You have strong analytical skills, an eye for detail and are willing to go that extra mile.
- You are a self-starter with own initiative, drive and passion for what you do, a practical problem solver taking great pride in your responsibilities.
- You are willing and able to travel, and you speak your international business languages.
What we will offer:
The opportunity to work in our multi-cultural dynamic environment. To contribute to our passion for the best results, our innovative thinking and customer driven core values, the way we work and how we cherish our pioneering team spirit. And of course an ambitious and challenging working environment in the growing market of Reverse logistics! Wanna see for yourself, check out: http://cycleon.homerun.co
See yourself in our winning team and would like to help us further position ourselves as the market leader in Reverse management solutions? Please apply with a motivational letter and CV in English to our HR Manager, Valerie Chetty at firstname.lastname@example.org